Tuesday, April 25, 2017


Part 2... B-Day



Oh, the birth day. Lots of emotions were leading up to that wild ride. As I had mentioned in part 1 that my blood pressure had begun to rise and thus we needed to induce for the health of me and precious P. This was very upsetting for a multitude of reasons.
1. Being induced more than doubles your change of having a cesarean which I was terrified of having after a botched c-section occurred to someone very close.
Image result for pitocin meme

2. I wanted to have a natural birth and pitocin contractions are much more intense than normal contractions so I was obviously worried about the pain.

3. I wanted to be able to move around during my birth and not be hooked up to machines. Thankfully, my Dr. was amazing. She knew my concerns and made me feel so much better. She also knew that it was important to have my sisters with me and she offered to induce on the weekend so that they could be there. That was a big deal, they usually don’t induce on weekends.



It was a whirlwind of a weekend. I was induced Saturday night the 13th of September. I was given a pill to soften my cervix. That sounds terrible but I really had no idea anything was happening. That next morning was when they started the pitocin. We called our birth photographer to head our way since I was already dilated to a 3, we knew it wouldn’t be long. Bahahaha, we were totally wrong. He finally made his debut at 5:00 that night after 2 hours of pushing, yep, you read that right, 2 FLIPPIN’ HOURS OF PUSHING.
A couple of things happened that day that I think I should warn you about.
  1. We didn’t eat dinner that night before because we were a bundle of nerves. Bad idea. Turns out that they are pretty strict on not eating while in labor, which was totally ridiculous and I’m so thankful Jacob snuck me jolly ranchers or I might have died from hunger or killed someone out of hangriness.
  2. Contractions are no fun. I was expecting some period cramps, not vice grips on my loins. Apparently pitocin takes your contractions from stupid painful to wicked painful.
  3.  When you have a crazy family, expect your delivery room to be anything but peaceful. I had Jacob, my sisters-Kenzie & Jordan, Hanna- my sister in law, and my birth photographer in the room.  I was also the the only active labor that night so I had a room full of nurses who were cheering me on! There were a lot of scarred eyes that day. Some things cannot be un-seen, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way! 

                                                                               cannot be trusted in a hospital...

    Image result for birth meme
  4.    The epidural did not hurt at all to get, however, I did not push the extra dose button and it wore off before I was done pushing. So that was fun.
  5. When the nurse says to walk carefully to the bathroom to shower off the blood and muck, you should walk carefully. Not strut like this because it looks like a scene from Carrie if you do. Fo’ Real. So. Much. Blood. Also your legs feel weird. So take it easy.
                                                                      Don't walk to the bathroom like this. Just trust me!
  6. Seeing your husband become a first time dad is the sweetest thing. #ALLTHEFEELS





All in all it was a crazy, stressful, beautiful day. I never felt that I would love anything more than my dog and then this sweet boy entered our world and we wouldn’t change it for a thing.  I don’t want to go through pregnancy or birth again, ever, but I’m so happy we decided to give it a shot.
Here are some of my favorite shots from that day. If you're on the fence about hiring a birth photographer, do it. You will not regret it! It was amazing to have these pictures to look back on that special day. 






Thanks to MJW Photography for sharing our day! You can catch his birth story here or Porter's new born pictures here
See you soon, friends!


1 comment:

  1. Great work. Truly speaking I never seen a blog like that. Absolutely superb work. Good luck. Thanks for such an informative post. For more information visit legal herbal empire for sale

    ReplyDelete