Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jacobism 6.0


Happy Tuesday Friends! I enjoyed my long weekend thanks to MLK Jr. Day! I got lots of housework caught up (BORING) and I finished up some supplies for Lane’s 2nd Birthday Party! We are so excited to see that sweet boy this week! I wanted to share a Jacobism! What?! A Jacobism? Yes, it has been far too long since I shared one of Jacob’s insightful nuggets, but I experienced one firsthand the other night.

I don’t think I have ever shared which side of Jacob is my favorite. You see, Jacob has many sides. There is serious Jacob, silly Jacob, professional Jacob, nerd Jacob (this includes dungeons and dragons Jacob) talkative Jacob (which is most of the time, he loves his own voice J ) and my favorite delirious Jacob. Delirious Jacob occurs when Jacob is either sleep deprived or under the influence of ½ a Benadryl (lightweight) or cold medicine. I am usually the only one who gets to experience delirious Jacob, but there have been a few times where Amber & Johanna got to see him as well. When Jacob is disturbed while he is “sleeping”, I don’t think it is actual sleeping because he seems a bit coherent, but he is definitely not awake, he wakes in a RAGE. A funny rage, but a rage nonetheless.

Lilo is completely Jacob's cat. Don't let these sweet pictures fool you, this cat is EVIL.

For instance, we have a cat Lilo, who is the spawn of Satan. He is really trying to murder me. Lilo, although extremely overweight, likes to “act a fool” in the middle of the night. He doesn’t do this all the time, but every once in a while he will get a wild hair and get into some catnip at 2 AM. During his rampages he will be playing with anything from a potato to ping pong balls (which we have hidden all over our house thanks to Lane). Most of the time I can snap my fingers or pretend to throw a pillow at him and he will decide that I mean business; however, there are those few instances that despite my repeated attempts, he continues making a ruckus. This is when delirious Jacob makes an appearance. He sits straight up in the bed and shouts, “WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?” this is directed to me, not the cat trying to wake the neighborhood. I then calmly tell him that his precious Lilo will not stop batting the ping pong ball under the bed and he is making it almost impossible to sleep.  He then proceeds to shout once again, “LILO, YOU STUPID CAT!” This usually scares Lilo and he decides that he should stop doing whatever it is and go to sleep as well. Jacob then lies back down and goes to sleep like nothing happened. He mostly has no memory of the events from the night before.

Jacob is not always angry when he is awoken, just mostly. There is the rare occurrence when he just says ridiculous things and I try hard to remember them when I wake up the next morning. Luckily for me/him, I remembered one from the other night. Jacob had gone to sleep and had been still/quiet for about 30 minutes. I was reading my book and decided that it was time to hit the hay. After I plugged in my Ipad this is the conversation that went down:
Jacob: “Come bear snuggle”
Lenzie: “Bear Snuggle?”
Jacob: “BEAR SNUGGLE”

**I’m afraid at this point that angry delirious Jacob will make an appearance so I try to be nice and calm.**

Lenzie: “You want me to be the big spoon?”

**Not knowing what a bear snuggle is, sounds frightening actually, I scooted over to be the big spoon and draped my leg over him as to be closer to a bear than a spoon.**

Jacob: “Why is your leg over me, we aren’t falling off a cliff”
Lenzie: “Well, I wasn’t sure what a bear snuggle was so I guessed”

**Jacob shoves my leg off of him and then falls back/to sleep.**

These delightful tidbits happen every so often and I LOVE asking about them in the morning. That next morning I asked him if he remembered any of this conversation, he of course, did not. I was thinking that maybe he had watched the animal planet or some nature show before falling asleep, but I discovered he was watching lock up. I’m assuming I was protecting him from other prisoners that were trying to “bear snuggle” with him in his dream. From what I can deduce, Jacob would not do well in prison.

I want to wish my precious Laners a Happy 2nd Birthday! I hope you all have a fabulous week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment