Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Year, A New Me!


Hello my fabulous readers! I hope you all had a great Christmas & a wonderful New Year! I got to see my entire family on New Year’s, so it was perfect! I wanted to share a bit about what was happening in our lives lately as I know my blogging has taken a serious downhill plunge. It just seems like it is harder and harder to sit and write. As I mentioned earlier that my family came down for New Year’s so I got to see my nephew Lane. Precious Laners is such a little man now! It is crazy to see how fast he grows! It just seems like yesterday he was babbling nonsense and now he is asking for things in sentences and saying, “I love you LenLen.” It is soo cute! I love him so much! He will be TWO this month?!? Two, can you believe that? We are busy planning his Train Themed birthday party. I hope he loves it! I have some other exciting news! I am going to have another nephew in June! Yay!! Lane is going to be a big brother! We are beyond exited and cannot wait to meet baby boy. He doesn't have a name yet. I, of course, suggested Carlos, but it was denied…


Have you made/broken any New Year’s resolutions? Mine are technically starting today as I was sick last week and who wants to stick to resolutions when you don’t feel well?! Not me, that is for sure! I am hoping that by “publishing” my resolutions that I will STICK to them and just maybe it will help you all stick to yours as well.


Resolution 1: Run a 5k! This is where most of my readers roll their eyes. I have been saying that I would run a 5K for YEARS. I have participated in a few, but I have never run one all the way through. This is the year that I WILL do this. I know it will be hard, I feel like after jogging for only 2 minutes that my lungs are going to explode and I am having a heart attack. I got a pair of Brooks running shoes for Christmas and I am anxious to test them out. Tonight is my first run. If I don’t blog again you’ll know that I legitimately died from over exertion. Keep your fingers crossed friends.

Resolution 2: Lose weight! This isn’t as much of a number thing as it is a look thing. I am about 10 lbs up from my lightest weight and I have seriously let myself slide this last couple of months. I want to get back in the habit of eating healthy and working out. No more fried foods (except okra only sparingly, because it is delicious), no sugary drinks (I’ve cut them out already for 2 years now, but I’m sticking with it), less carbs, more veggies, less dessert and more water. Resolution 1 will help, but I am going to continue attending Barre class and eating healthy. Hungry Girl & I are about to become best friends once again. For those who don’t know what BarreAmped classes are you should really check them out. You use a bar, ballet, not stripper, and you do strength training, yoga and aerobics. I will be taking the boot camp in order to get my butt in shape!


Resolution 3: Blog More! Like I mentioned above, my blogging has almost diminished. It just seems like I have been busy with work, party planning, Pinterest and life that blogging just falls through the cracks. I have no weddings this year to plan; thankfully, I am still recuperating from Johanna’s! Haha, Love you Johanna! It is not like I have anything profound to say, but if you take away at least 1 thing from my blog it would be a success. It could be a new product that you’ve never heard of or a vacation spot or even a tip on how not to act on Facebook! Haha

Resolution 4: TRAVEL! 2012 was a great year for travel for Jacob & I. We visited Dallas, St. Louis, Louisville, New York, Effingham, IL (I only added because it is so fun to say Effingham), Denver, Vegas and Atlantis Bahamas. I know that my biological clock (AKA Jacob) is only going to allow a couple more years (if even that) before our deal (contract) is up for me holding off on kids. I have a BIG list of places that I HAVE to see before we have a kid(s). Here are the places that I would live to visit in 2013/2014:

·        Harry Potter world- Girl’s Trip! Jacob is invited, but I need someone to go who appreciates Harry Potter! I don’t think he will get excited about trying butter beer or having a wand picked out for you at Ollivander’s or dressing in our house colors. . .

·        Hawaii- I’ve been to these beautiful islands one time and I have been dying to go back ever since. What a magical place to share with Jacob. It is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!  

·        The Southern US Coast line- Georgia, South Carolina & North Carolina- I just hear Nicholas Sparks calling my name to visit these places. I’m pretty sure we should rent a convertible and drive the coast.

·        Mexico- If you remember from my post a few months back, Jake & I got food poisoning before we left to go to Mexico so we had to cancel our trip. We really want to go back to the Excellence Resort in Playa Mujures. They were so helpful and understanding when we had to cancel and we have heard GREAT things about the resort!

·        Bahamas- When they say that the water in the Bahamas is the most beautiful water in the world, I believe it. Just flying over you can see every color of blue imaginable. We loved Atlantis and not fighting any crowds was the icing on the cake. We want to go back to this paradise!

·        New York- My favorite city! I want to make this into a yearly trip! The FALL was a perfect time to visit. I do want to see it during Christmas too, but the cold weather is throwing me off a bit. I like my 60 degree Oklahoma weather in December!

·        Washington D.C- Everyone should view the capitol at some point. Plus the Smithsonian institute will be AMAZING! The monuments and white house would be so fun to see. I’m not a big history fan, but this is something you cannot pass on seeing.

I’m sure Jake has his own list of places to see this year, but wherever we go it will be fun (unless it is Denver again, Denver was awful J)

I’m sure I will think of more resolutions and I will post them as they come to me. The biggest thing is remembering that I will not get there tomorrow. I am so impatient and these goals take time. Wish me luck friends! I’ll be back soon! Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Just love your blogs!! & Congrats to Kenzie & the upcoming arrival! That's very exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! We are very excited to spoil another nephew!

    ReplyDelete