Monday, July 9, 2012

Freedom of Speech, facebook style!


Hello Readers! I hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July! I was hoping this post could be a brag fest about our recent trip to Mexico; however, a bout of food poisoning spoiled that trip. Our vacation was not ruined! Instead we flew to visit our precious nephew.

 I’m sure margaritas on the beach do not compare to chasing after a toddler for 3 days!

I will just look at this Picture until November. . . 

If you are looking back on my blog you will see that I have removed a few posts per request. I wanted to explain why/how these posts came to light. Please note that this does NOT change my views on this particular person, they will just not be appearing on my blog in the near future.

If you have been keeping up with my blog you can see that my newest love is documenting facebook fails. If you haven’t been keeping up with my blog, shame on you. These facebook fails range from facebook fights to poor parenting to desperate pleas for attention. My favorite theme to blog is the people I see who are users. Users of their family, friends, government, you name it, I loathe them all. I basically have become fed up with my “friend’s” blatant disregard for our governmental assistant programs. I believe these programs are great and can provide help to families who need a push to get back on their feet. These should be temporary programs if you are not “disabled”. I use that term loosely as I currently know 6 people who claim disability from the US Government and are as able bodied as anybody. I don’t believe that these programs should be a lifetime guarantee to pop out children like rabbits and lounge at home all day without ever paying a cent to these funds. These people are a drain on our economy. What makes me so angry is that these people have a sense of entitlement that they deserve to be provided for while not paying their dues. What is happening in our current state is that we have 3 generations of welfare recipients with no desire to break the cycle. It is just getting more and more expensive for those of us who pay taxes and have jobs. What really aggravates me is when these “parents” on facebook claim that they are such good moms and they take care of their kids. I want to remind them that I and YOU take care of their children. What kind of example are these “parents” showing their children? The example that it is ok to not work hard, because the tax payers will take care of you. In fact, you can eat first class, get a FULL scholarship to a division 1 college and live expense free. Why would these people want to get jobs when we make it so easy for them not to work? What is even more frustrating is that the people I know who received a FULL scholarship to Oklahoma University (Yep, the OU Sooners, that school) dropped out after less than 1 year. Here is a FREE opportunity to better yourself and your family and what do they do? They drop out.  . . Sickening isn’t it? My middle class parents had to save up money for me to attend college. Thankfully I got a scholarship for my first two years of school. After that time, I took out student loans, which I am still paying, to pay for my college. I never once expected someone else to bear the costs of sending me to school, not even my parents. Ugh I’m so over this post. It just makes me even more upset. I’m sorry I wasted an entire post on my soap box. I’ll have a new post later this week featuring all my favorite facebook fails. Until then, have a great day! 

1 comment:

  1. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/18/desmond-hatchett-30-kids_n_1528850.html

    The web address above is a link I came across on FB this morning. It is a story from Huffington Post from May about a 33-year-old Tenn. man who requested that a state judge give him a break on his child support. Hatchett says he is struggling to make ends meet with his minimum wage job. The state currently takes 50% of his paycheck.

    Sidebar.. Times are tough. I’m not insensitive to that. While I think it is often overused as an excuse, I truly do believe our economy is in a poor and frankly, scary state currently. I have seen many friends, both with and without post-high school educations, struggling in the past few years. Good for him for at least having (and hopefully keeping) a job, even if it’s minimum wage.

    Back to the story.. What makes this request absolutely APALLING is the fact that the 50% of Hatchett’s wages supports 30 kids with 11 different woman. You read it right, 30 kids with 11 different women! Oh my word. Let me reiterate that he’s only 33-years-old. The story goes on to report that some of the women receive as little as $1.49 a month. Thanks for the pack of gum this month, Dad!

    This man does not need a break, he needs a vasectomy. Or castration.

    I could write for days on this topic. Abuse of governmental programs, irresponsibility and laziness of our generation(s), lack of ambition, irresponsible reasons for accidentally or intentionally creating a child you’re not ready for, etc. etc. etc. Literally, I had four more paragraphs and decided my comment should not be longer than your post.

    Instead of posting, you can just vent to me since we share frustration on this topic!

    -Amber

    ReplyDelete