Monday, April 11, 2011

Jacobism 4.0

Hello Readers! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! My weekend was filled with spreading mulch and planting flowers-boo! I don’t like to sweat or get dirty and neither was avoidable when you are working outside.  It seems that we bypassed spring and went straight to summer. It was over 90 degrees on Saturday!

This is me pouting while pulling weeds. Please not my hot pink and purple outfit! I’m bringing the 80’s back! Haha

Since we are traveling to see Laney Poo this week, I will not be posting until next week. I have to see this sweet baby boy!

This is his Easter hat! We think he is a mini Jason Mraz!

This is how Laney Poo got the nickname “Dandelion Head”. His hair looks like a dandelion after bath time! Haha  (Sorry for the blurry pic, This was when we were skyping.)

Since I will be out of town this week, I thought I would leave you with a short Jacobism. For those that don’t know what a Jacobism is, let me explain. Jacob is my husband who often says the most ridiculous things and me, being his loving wife, posts them on my blog for us all to enjoy. Please find his earlier Jacobisms (here-here, here and here). On to the Jacobism. . .

Things You Should Never Hear Your Husband Say
Jacob forgot his sunglasses, so he had to wear mine on the way to Branson!

Jacob & I are currently dieting. No fun, I know! But I am in a wedding at the end of this month and I really just want to be skinny again. We have daily weigh-ins and have a sort of contest going on between us. I should also mention that I happen to be in the lead, as Jacob was eating Firehouse Subs for 2 weeks before he realized how fattening they were. So I have a slight lead. Yesterday we were discussing how much weight we have both lost and after I mentioned my total loss, I hear this gem escape Jacob’s mouth. This is how our conversation progressed:

Jacob: So how much total weight have you lost?
Lenzie: Well today I am up to 8.8 lbs.
Jacob: I am up to 11 lbs today.
Lenzie: That's good!
Jacob: Can you even tell I have lost weight?
Lenzie: Yes I can tell, Can you even tell I have lost weight?
Jacob: Yeah, I think you lost it all in your boobs. . .
Lenzie: Ummm, Thanks?!

You see, this is one of those times when you ask yourself, “Why did I get married?” I am sure he meant that to be a compliment that he could actually tell that I had lost weight, but since he is a boy, his thoughts rarely come out correctly. Jacob is lucky I have a sense of humor and laughed it off. I am, however, thinking of a comeback if that statement ever arises again.

I will share our Lady Gaga experience next week. Our eyes are still recuperating from the things that we saw at the concert. I hope you all have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment