Friday, March 4, 2011

Family Dating Checklist

If you date my family members you must meet the requirements!

Hello readers!  I hope you are all having a fabulous week. This week I have decided to share a few details about my family. As most of you know I have 2 sisters, Kenzie & Jordan. Kenzie is married (Yay!), but Jordan is what I would call happily single. In the past, Jordan has dated some questionable characters. Not all of her exes have been questionable, but most of them have been. (Love you Jordan).  I think she has dated these people in spite of me. Please note that Jordan rarely tells me if she is dating someone, so she may currently be involved in a relationship. . . I have always been the one to be open about what I thought about my sister’s love interests. Just ask them about our many discussions. These discussions are better described as lectures as the conversation is usually one sided. Me being the only side participating in the conversation. A typical lecture goes something like this:

Lenzie: (In a Passive Aggressive tone) Did (Insert boy name here) go to college?
Sister: He went to ……. (Voice starts decreasing in volume)
Lenzie: What does he do for a living?
Sister: He works at ….. (Various mumbling) as a …..(Something that sounds like snake charmer)  
Lenzie: Hmmmmm (wide eye shock face)
Sister: (Rolls eyes) You’re so judgmental. . .
Sister: (Storms off muttering various curse words under her breath)

So in the spirit of not being judgmental I have constructed a checklist for my sister or other family members to use before choosing a love interest. Once a person meets all of these criteria they will be free to date my family. I understand that perfection is unattainable, so If and when all areas are not met, I will decide if the missing attribute is a deal breaker.  This will save me from having to give any future lectures. Please note that this checklist should be used for any of my family members and close friends that are still single. I hold a high standard for all of you! Haha

Please note that this attribute checklist can be for a male or female. Please all feel free to use my Family dating checklist. Sum together all points corresponding to your answers.
Attribute:
Yes
No
Went to college
1
-1
Graduated from college
3
0
Does He/She have a job
3
-2
Does He/She love Animals
2
-2
Is He/She Respectful to their parents
3
-1
Does He/She have tattoos
0
1
Does He/She have over two (2) tattoos
-2
1
Does He/She have hobbies that include video games, role play, snake charming or interpretive dancing
-2
1
Does He/She have hobbies that include the outdoors and/or sports
3
0
Is He/She dependent on a parent/another adult for money
-2
1
Can He/She do laundry, dishes and cook dinner without hurting themselves or others during the process
2
-1
Does He/She have any piercings other than ear piercings
-3
1
Does He have ear piercings
-1
0
Does He/She have common sense
1
-1
Does He/She have only a tiny amount of common sense
-1
1
Do you share the same political beliefs
2
0
Do you share the same Religious beliefs
2
-2
Do you both feel the same way about children (to have children or not to have children)
2
-1
Does He/She LOVE your sisters or family members. More Specifically Lenzie!
30
-30
Do you LOVE precious Milo
10
-50

Once you have completed the quiz. Compare your point total with the grading scale below.
Professional Advice
Point Total
If you and your potential love interest have this little in common I have 2 questions for you. 1. Are you trying to stay single FOREVER? 2. Do you want to enter the monastery? If either answer is yes, why did you take this quiz?
-102 to 0
My advice for you if  you fall in this range is to cut your losses and move on to the next unsuspecting target
1 to 39
If you find yourself in this point range do not lose faith. This relationship can still work, but it will take lots of work. Probably too much work. . . .
40 to 59
If you are the rare couple that scores this well on my quiz then you have my blessing to continue a relationship with my family member. Just remember, my point values are subject to change at my discretion if I see that you meet the requirements, but you still creep me out.
60 to 70

After taking this short, but very detailed quiz, you should have a better understanding of what is important to have in a relationship- Lenzie’s Approval. Feel free to ask any questions regarding whether or not you should date a particular person.

Have a Great Weekend Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment