Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hello Baby Carlos

A little Carlos Burrito

Hello Readers!! It has been a very eventful week. I am sure if you read my last post you will know that I was creating a play list for my sister to use while she was in Labor. Well, as my luck would have it. I received a call later that very same evening from Kenzie. She informed me that she was at the hospital and that they were monitoring the baby’s heart rate. This call came in around 5:30 pm. I instructed Kenzie to immediately call me with any news. Kenzie later called back around 6:00 pm and said that her Doctor said there was a 70% chance that she was going to deliver the baby the next day. They would be inducing her at 1:00 am on the 26th and they were expecting the baby around 11:00 am. This is when I had a conniption fit. I started freaking about missing the birth of my first nephew. How could I be the favorite aunt if I am not there when he makes his debut?! I am about an 11 hour drive from where she lives. A trip like that takes planning. I have a precious puppy, which unfortunately, could not hang out at the hospital. Although I am CERTAIN he is cleaner and better behaved than most of the people I saw in that hospital. . .
See what I am saying. Milo would have been fine at this hospital. . .

 I started to look up flights from all surrounding areas. The earliest I would be in Indiana would be at 11:00 am on his birth day. I was going to miss it. . . This is the point where I just crumple into a heap on the bedroom floor and start hysterically crying. Like I seriously haven’t cried like this EVER… (Side Note: In case you haven’t noticed, I can be a little bit of a drama queen at times. A tiny little bit.)

This ordeal happens to occur at the worst possible time for Jacob & me to just leave in a hurry. Jacob was supposed to work that entire week (a rare occurrence for Jake, haha) and I had a lot of things going on at work (also a rare occurrence for me!, haha). Jacob, seeing how distraught I had become immediately flies into action (also something that rarely happens). He manages to cover all of his shifts at the pharmacy so that he would be able to ride with me as I drove to Indiana. (Side Note: Jacob was such a trooper and he definitely got brownie points for making the trek with me!) We finally leave Arkansas around 7:30 pm on Tuesday night. I drove until about 2:30 am on the 26th until we pulled into a hotel to sleep for a few hours before continuing on to Indiana. I was telling the hotel clerk that I was on my way to see my sister and our soon to be birthed nephew and how excited I was. She explained how much she loves being an aunt and gave Jacob & I an upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite. (Side Note: I may be a hotel snob, but I prefer my hotels to be nice and clean! Like seriously clean! If there is mold in the bathroom then it is a no go for me! That being said, I would NEVER and I mean NEVER use a Jacuzzi tub in a hotel. The thought grosses me out!)
Here is our lovely Jacuzzi. . .

After speaking with my sister the next morning she informed me that she was just dilated to a 3 and we would make it in plenty of time. We were only about 3.5 hours away by this time. So we rushed and finally made it to the hospital.
Look at how excited we are, well Jordan & I anyways!!

After about 15 hours of labor and not dilating above a 4, the doctor decided to do a c-section. Thirty minutes later we got to meet our precious baby nephew!
Ryan carrying Carlos to be all checked out.

This is also when I came into realization that there is no Carlos. Carlos was apparently not a name they wanted to give to their child. Thus he was dubbed Lane Elliot Engle. Weighing in at 7lbs 13oz and 19.5 in long, he is absolutely precious. And in NO way am I biased. We got to spend only a few days with Laney-Poo before we had to head back into the real world. We were so sad to say goodbye to him and we are extremely ready for Kenzie, Laila and Lane to live closer. I guess Ryan could come as well! Haha!! I will leave you with some pictures of our precious little nephew.

Also readers, get excited! I will have a very “Special” guest blogger coming up. So keep reading! Have a great week!!
No readers, this is not Prom 2010. This was at our hotel. . . Hahah

Jordan eating, Imagine that! Poor Kenzie was starving and Jordan is eating a cookie in front of her! 
This was soo cute! He loves his thumb!
Why yes, that is the owl hattie I got for him!

"Hey Auntie Lensie, you like my faux hawk?!"

Jacob loves this child! Although I think it has deterred him from wanting one of his own for a while. He actually sees how much work they really are! Haha

Big yawn for Auntie Lensie
Jacob thought the Boppy was a neck pillow... I didn't have the heart to tell him that it touched Kenzie's boob. . .

Republican Baby! So cute!

Happy Sleeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment