Monday, December 27, 2010

Tom’s Shoes

Welcome Readers! I hope everyone had a fantabulous Christmas! I am sure you were mostly good throughout the year so “Santa” was probably good to you. I have a short story to share about my Christmas escapades. I hope you enjoy!
Lilo Loves the Christmas tree. He gets in trouble daily for biting the presents, tearing the ribbons, licking the tape and swatting the ornaments!


Jacob and I had decided to only get each other “stocking stuffers” since we had just made an IKEA trip and kind of went overboard. We have only been in our house for about 8 months so we are still decorating our bare walls and furnishing un-used rooms. Our limit was $100.00. This is a conservative amount, but we literally had bought everything we needed, but mostly wanted a week or so ago. (Side Note: I am the girl who buys things all throughout the year, so I don’t really save anything for Christmas. Remember I hate surprises.) I had picked up on a few of Jacob’s clues of things he wanted/needed for Christmas. For instance, he has been stating that he wants a juicer so he can make his own juices like Whole Foods. Thank you Whole Foods! He also said he was out of body wash and would like a new phone cover. Jacob also made a Christmas list that was an entire page long. I had lots to choose from. Here is a picture of the gifts I bought for Jake.

I on the other hand had only 5 things on my list. Most were well over the $100.00 limit. I wanted a trip to Harry Potter with Amber, a treadmill, a new big digital camera, just to name a few. I wasn’t expecting any of those items on Christmas. So when it came time to open presents I was wondering what they could be. (Side Note: Jacob had purchased these presents Thursday, Dec 23. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, eh?) Here is a picture of my presents.
Before I open the small box this is the conversation that took place:
Jacob: “What do you think it is?”
Lenzie: “Well, it feels like slippers, but I already told you I had a new pair of those, so I really have no clue what it is!”
Jacob: “Well what do you not want it to be?”
Lenzie: “Well, it better not be a pair of Tom’s shoes, or I will kick you in the no-nos!” (Side Note: This was said jokingly as we have had the conversation in the past about how much I loath Tom’s shoes.”
Jacob: --**bethos face**--
Lenzie:--**opens the box containing Tom’s shoes and hysterically starts laughing**--
Lenzie: “I hate these shoes, **more laughing**, Thank You!” (Side Note: There is no use putting on a happy face and telling him that I love the gift when right before I opened the box I professed my hatred for the shoes I never imagined receiving!)
Jacob: “I knew you didn’t like them, but I didn’t think they were that bad and I hoped that they would grow on you.”
Lenzie: “Thank You, but I just don’t like them”
Jacob: “Try them on before you say anything else”
Lenzie: **tries on the shoes that are a little snug, they probably should have been a 7 instead of a 6.5**
Lenzie: “These look like mummy shoes, like someone seriously wrapped their feet with ace bandages.” **the shoes are super itchy and they weren’t that comfortable**
Jacob: “I thought you would like them. They donate a pair of shoes for every pair that is purchased!”
Lenzie: “Do you want to donate these?”

Apparently that was not the response he was looking for and immediately became pouty. Luckily the next present was great and he no longer asked me to guess what it was before opening. I regret my knee jerk reaction of shouting that I hated the shoes, but there was no faking it at that point! Aside from the Funniest Home Video moment we had while opening presents the remainder of Christmas was pretty smooth. I suspect next year he will stick to my list! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment