Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday Madness!!

Hi Readers!! I hope you are not contemplating giving up on all your shopping endeavors. There are only 5 more shopping days! Ahhhhh- Luckily I am done! WooHoo! I am just hoping the wonderful USPS delivers my packages accordingly. So far this year they have been terrible about losing my orders and shipping them right past me! I have some additions for my dear blank post. This pic was sent to me by my brother-in-law Ryan. He spotted this 12 year old Mullet sporting kid at a wal-mart in Indiana. Haha Enjoy!
On a different note, I had an interesting weekend. My cousins Payton & Gracie spent the night with me. Payton is 10 and Gracie is 5. Since I am childless I don’t really have a child friendly house. No stepping stools to see over the counter, no bubble gum flavored toothpaste, but I do have lots of sweets and candy. Strangely enough, Gracie doesn’t eat sweets. She is an odd child, but I love her. She provides me with lots and lots of entertainment. For instance this is a conversation we had this weekend:
Gracie: “Lenzie, why is your house so clean?”
Lenzie: “Because I don’t have kids.”
Gracie: “Yes, Kids are messy.”
Lenzie: “Yes, Kids are messy and if I didn’t have a husband my house would be super clean.”

Here is a Picture of Gracie admiring my awesome mustache on a stick:
You can clearly see that she is a dork!

After a loooong weekend with the girls and some last minute Christmas shopping I can honestly make the following statements:
1.      I am sooo ready for Christmas shopping/parties to be over!
2.      I am sooo not ready for Children!

Please try not to strangle anyone of the last few days of craziness before Christmas. If you find yourself on edge please enjoy the following recipe from FunnySpoon.com. Just imagine hot chocolate, but with ice and alcohol. Enjoy!!
Chocolate Martini Swirl

3 parts Milk
Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
2 Parts Kahlua Liqueur





1.      Add the Kahlua, milk and 1 tbsp of Hershey’s syrup and a small handful of ice to a blender. Blend until ice is crushed.
2.      Take Hershey’s syrup and swirl around a martini glass and pour in the chocolaty concoction. Top with more chocolate if you lugh Chocolate like me!

Please note: you may need to double or quadruple the amount of Kahlua depending on the number of family get-togethers you are required to attend.
Remember-Please don’t Drink & Drive! Have a great week readers and have a VERY Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment